Tuesday, July 10, 2007

update

Well, I have a few moments where I can do an update on this blog. Although I could repeat things with what's on the family blog.
Most people know that I had another generalised seizure last tuesday (3rd July), I still have a bump on the back of the head. Looking back I think I had slight concussion. I wasn't quite fully aware of myself at the doctors and didn't realise that I had hurt my head or my back. I'm still waiting to hear about an appointment with my neurologist. My GP thinks we'll have to change or add to my current medication. I had gone for a bike ride on the sunday before (1st July), I felt so good afterwards! Having my period at the time was giving me a low mood and the excersise was just the thing I needed. Then the seizure on tuesday has now stopped me from cycling for the mean time. Doc says it's too dangerous, if I had a generalised seizure I could cause a serious accident, even if I was with someone else I couldn't be stopped from falling in front of a car. I could bike around the school grounds but I am afraid of falling onto the concrete there as well.
I was talking to Jo today and figured that I had been able to finally accept and acknowledge that I have epilepsy, then when I started to have these generalised seizures I have had to deal with the 'big' part of the epilepsy - the worst part in my eyes - I now have to back up a bit and try to trudge through this latest swamp. But through it I will get!!
I have epilepsy - epilepsy does not have me!!
Well I better go and settle the girls down as it's 8pm and their getting a bit too energetic this close to bedtime. They are enjoying having their cousy Jess to stay for a few days. Aimee is staying at Nana's house for the night. I miss her already! I don't think I have fully accepted that she is at school now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is good to learn about our illness we can then pass on to our friends what could happen so if we are with you every one knows how they can help and what to do. they and you can have peace of heart. Nothing worse than wanting to help and not knowing what to do. That is where panic comes in and is not any good. Learning gives confidence.

Anonymous said...

Aimee is teaching me a few computer skills and she loves doing the puzzle from the bible stories I have on the computer she did noahs ark only two wrong moves. She also tells me I don't need your help sometimes she says I need your help nana. She has been very good this time possibly she is now a school girl. Another change in her life. One thing she is really finding her way around my cupboards and knows where things are she asks and I say you know where help yourself.Mum S.