Thursday, July 19, 2007

Sick and Tired!!

With having a seizure last night I am feeling quite low in my mood today, I'm still feeling nauseous and headachey so that doesn't help. I had a warning sign about 15 - 30 minutes prior to the generalized seizure. I thought I was being silly and over analytical so I didn't mention anything to Terry. Now I wish I had. Not that he'd be able to do anything to prevent it, but he would have had warning instead of getting a fright when I kicked the wee coffee table across the lounge floor. When He realized what was happening he moved other stuff out of the way.
Again I had no idea that I'd just had a seizure. All I do remember is feeling really sick and Terry handing me a bowl and towel. I guess he's getting use to the look of utter confusion on my face when he's asking me if I'm okay and telling me I've had a seizure. He'd phoned Mum Smith during my seizure and apparently she phoned back and I answered, She asked for Terry and I gave him the phone. Of course I can't recall any of that. I only have fragments of memory of the event. When Terry woke me this morning he asked if I'd remembered what had happened last night, I thought I'd dreamt it!
My GP is away till next week so I ended up phoning in to my neurologist Dr Mason. She told me to increase my current medication and see how we go after a few weeks with that. It's very frustrating for me (and family/friends) as I don't know why these seizures are happening, there's no preperation for before one and no 'natural' methods of preventing or treating epilepsy. I am constantly asking the Lord why he hasn't healed me yet, but I now believe that I can show God's strength in this weakness in my body. Similar to how Paul dealt with his 'thorn in his side'. I appreciate all the prayer that family and friends are doing for me. And I know that there are millions of people worse off than I am. At least I do have access to medication and get a subsidy from the government to help with the costs.
Well that's about all on that subject, no doubt I'll need to vent again regarding my epilepsy.

We had Jess stay for a few days during holidays. I so loved having her. We hadn't seen her for quite a while with me not being able to drive and her so involved in her dance stuff. For a 13 yr old she is very busy and quite the socialite. Rather attached to her cell phone too. I think the only time her phone was quiet was when we were all in bed!! Is this what we have to look forward too? Terry and I hear the comments of 'wait till they're teens' or 'deal with these things before they hit puberty or they'll never accept the boundaries', we've also heard about all the 'trouble' with boys and peer pressure. And on top of all that we get told 'they (the girls) stop listening and being interested in any one else other than themselves'.
I'm not sure that we will have all those issues happen to us and the girls. It annoys me how people lump all teen girls into one type of child. Everyone is different after all. One thing I did find difficult in re to Jess was being able to relate to her as she is now in a different phase than the girls and the 4yr gap between her and Em is very obvious now. Like I said to De, as the girls will grow so will we as parents and we'll have grown into the next phase with them. Having Jess was an eye opener to the differences.

Well I'd better go, the washing machined has finished and its getting on to the time of getting tea organised.
Love to all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI, all children are differant, your maturity with Gods help will tell you how to go about each stage of the changes in life. enjoy today let tomorrow come tomorrow not today God gives us one day at a time. There is enough in today time goes so quick God gives us what we need to handle every day that is if we dedicate the day to him each morning and thank him for his help at night and morning something I have learn't to do more since Russell left me. I need God with me all the time as my guide. I have this on my wall and isay it at lest twice a day.LORD help me to remember that nothing is going to happen today that you and I together cannot handle.Margaret

Anonymous said...

Hi Lyds! Your sister Mel here. Saw Mum the other day and she said you had had another episode. Hope you are feeling better soon. Alix said thanks for the birthday pressie. She asked what she was going to do with the coathangers, I told her she should know what they were for if she used the ones she already had! But they were lovely just the same! One day she might work out that they are for hanging clothes on not just for decorating the wardrobe floor!
Alix is now the big 10 year old and letting us all know just how grown up she is. Shane and I are off to see the Deputy principle tomorrow with regard to her behaviour!
But life is a challenge as they say! Like mother like daughter huh? As much as we try to hang on to their innocence and their youth, it soon gets torn away from us when they leave our protective clutches and enter the big wide world. That's life! We should embrace it and not fight it as we all have to grow up sometime and if we as parents have set a good example then that is all you can do. That and be there when they come home crying because they are no longer the phone monitor because it is someone else's turn! (Josh) Or because the person you thought was your best friend wont talk to you for some unknown reason!(Alix) Anyway, just do your best and cross your fingers for the rest of it!
Love to all
Melanie