Saturday, May 05, 2007

May already!

I haven't updated this one for a long time! I really must remedy that.
I'm enjoying my Book Editing, Proofreading & Publishing course. I've just sent away the second assignment. The first one came back when we were away in Aussie. They don't grade but offer corrections, suggestions, reminders, constructive critiscism and praise. I'm finding it a juggle to double my reading time. Who would have thought that would be a problem! I am required to broaden my reading material as well. Guess I have to miss out on the goggle box (TV), no harm in that though.

I am struggling at the moment with having had two recent Grand Mal seizures. I was angry about it, maybe still am a wee bit. Don't see why I had to be the one to get the epilepsy genes. I'd have gladly shared that one! I am fed up with taking all this medication and for seemingly no reason. Although I am aware that things could be a lot worse. At the moment I feel like I'm a ticking time bomb but with no deadline. I'm not allowed to even go for my bike rides or swim unattended till the medication is sorted out. I'm a wee bit afraid to be alone too. Thanks for caring friends I've been able to hang out with I haven't had to be. But I can't keep doing that either. I know the Lord is still with me, even carrying me through this. Flesh is strong though. My imagination plays havoc with the words 'What if?'

We have bought another house now. We feel its better to have our money invested in a property than just sitting and gaining very little. Its a nice place. 3bdm, heat pump, very large section, and brick. Its about 20yrs old and a bit dated with the decor but we'll make it home.
Our possession date is the 30th May. I'd better start packing really. Although we've moved so often that I'm sure I could do it in my sleep.
Aimee turns 5yrs on the 6th June. She starts school on the 11th. My baby! This is where I'm glad I have my study to do. And we'll have just moved so I'll have plenty to keep me occupied. Some days I look forward to her going to school and the time out it means for me. Mostly though I find myself not wanting that time to be so soon. I use to get annoyed with women that said to me
"Enjoy these years when they're at home, it goes so quickly you'll miss it when its gone".
They're right. I think its something I had to find out for myself to appreciate what they were saying. But they're right. There's so many moments that I look back on and would change. Times when I wasn't so appreciative for having 3 children. My depression had a big part to play in my regrets, but whats been has been and its looking forward that we need to do.
Well I better sign off. Its later thanI thought which explains why my eyes are blurring. Goodnight, sleep tight. This picture is so lovely I thought I'd share it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the house Lydia! You will have to send photos. Do you still have that tape of mine? I keep forgetting to get money sent to you for that but must remember.

love you
ray

Anonymous said...

Keep yourself busy and have tea ready to cook so when they get home it is their time with you. It is really just changing your timetable to suit the changesin their life. keep looking up God made us mothers adaptable life is full of changes. It would be boring if everything was always the same. Nanagreen.