Sunday, March 11, 2007

Why Weight

I am about to start a six mth programme called Why Weight. I heard about it from my friend Jo. Put my name on the waiting list. By God's grace someone pulled out and they put me on. I went to a presentation last week. Its exactly what I need!
What is it?
Its a programme for people with mental health illnesses, teaching nutrition and excersise to help with weight loss. For Norht Canterbury its run by ComCare. We get the use of the AMI gym in Rangiora. We meet on a tuesday afternoon from 1pm - 3pm.
The first hour is a workout in the gym with professional trainers and then the 2nd hour is an educational speaker. They have a variety of speakers from doctors, dieticians, diabetes, psychiatrists etc. Its a commitment for 6mths, 1 day a week. Its going to be really good for me with accountability and support. There's about 15 of us in the group, a nice small number so we can get to know each other. It sort of reminds me of that American series called 'The Biggest Loser'. Except we don't get torturous challenges and no T.V cameras! The other courses that have been held previously around NZ have been a huge success. The best thing is that everything is free. Its backed by a pharmaceutical company. They even give out freebies! I just realised what that reads like! Not free drugs, free drink bottles etc.
Anyway I thought I'd let you know what I'm up too.
I'm sick of my issues with weight. I am tired of the struggle of eating then feeling guilty. I am hoping this is what I need to change my bad habits. And like I said its free! I'll keep my avid readers updated. Our first session is this Tuesday (13th March)

No comments: